Running a Debit Card With Integrated Processing (USAePay Gateway)
Debit Cards With Accepted Logos (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, etc.)
If you have a gateway with your Floranext POS (integrated credit card processing) then you will be able to process credit cards and debit cards that have a logo you accept (Visa, Mastercard, AmericanExpress, Discover, etc). The types you accept are setup with your credit card processor.
Debit cards do not require entry of PIN by customer because they are run as "Debit With Signature."
- Enter the order in your Floranext POS Take Order screen
- Choose the Credit Card payment option to key in the number, or Credit Card - Swiped to swipe the card with a swiper
- Complete Order
Running a Debit Card Without Integrated Processing; or if Card Doesn't Have an Accepted Logo
If your customer has a debit card without an accepted logo, then you have the option of processing it as a "Debit with PIN" transaction that will require your customer to enter in a PIN.
These types of transactions must be run independently of Floranext using a standalone terminal provided by your credit card processor that includes a PIN pad for entry.
- Enter the order in Floranext, select Take Payment
- Choose 'Debit'
- Process the debit transaction on your standalone terminal
- Complete the order in Floranext once payment is complete
No Debit card info would be entered in your Floranext POS.
How to Enable Debit Payment Method
If you don't see Debit as an option, navigate to Settings > POS Settings > POS Settings and navigate to Payment Methods to enable this payment.