Sometimes you'll want to show products on your website but do not want your customers to purchase them online. This is common for wedding, sympathy, seasonal or other highly-custom items.
Floranext websites have the option to add products that are Browse-Only to easily include these products on your website and provide customers purchasing information.
Appearance of Browse-Only Products
Browse-only products look quite similar to normal products, but with a few key differences:
- If the price is set to $0.00, then no price info will show for the product—if a price is set, then this price WILL display
- The product's details page will not have the "Add to Cart" button
- The Browse-Only Text that you enter will show on the product page and include purchasing information you enter
Here's a sample:
(above) A website using the Orchid theme has a category called Orange Summer Wedding Flowers and four Browse-Only products are showing in the category. The first product is Orange Summer Aisle Marker and demonstrates how the product looks when your mouse hovers over the photo.
(below) The product detail page of a Browse-Only product. Note that this "How to Order" text can be edited.
Creating a Browse-Only Product
Creating a Browse-Only product is just like creating any other product.
- Navigate to Products > Add Product
- Select Product Type, Product Name, Product ID, Product Description
- If you do not want to list a price, enter in 0. If you do want to list a price then enter here. (It still will not allow the customer to purchase the product online.)
- Add an image, reporting category and the category the product should appear in
- Scroll down to Advanced Options and click to open
- Set Browse-Only to Yes
- Save and check your website to review the new product!
Editing the Standard Browse-Only Text
All Browse-Only products will display a section of the Contact Us button where the custom text will show. We recommend including instructions on how to order a browse-only product in this section since it will show on every browse-only product.
- Navigate to Settings > Website Settings > Website Settings, then scroll to Website Product Settings
- Update Browse-Only Header and Text